People Making a Difference:
The Habitat Project is people:
- People who keep tabs on a rare plant and notify the landowner when that plant is threatened by a lawn mower.
- People who go out at night to count frogs in their local wetland.
- People who cut down invasive species and plant the native, rare ones that have gone missing.
- People who design and carry out assessments of our forest preserves, so we have the best data.
- And the people who take those data to decision makers and ask for more restoration resources.
Every year, the Habitat Project recognizes those individuals who have made a particularly inspiring difference -- who have changed the world through their hard work, good spirits, and love of nature. We invite you to read about them here.